Social Icons

Featured Posts


the prayers of children

8.09.2009

This weekend I was commissioned by my church. During the service I was invited forward and the congregation came and surrounded me, lifting me up in prayer and lifting up the Choir. This by nature is a very special time - but what made it simply wonderful this morning was the three first-grade girls that came and took my hands, bowed their heads and prayed for me amidst the sea of adults. I loved it. Last night (my church has a Saturday night service as well) another girl came and stood on the step behind me during the prayer. After service she came and talked to me and asked TONS of questions about the kids - like are they being taken care of, do they have clean water (I asked, she is only seven) and are they safe. I answered her questions then she indicated that she wanted to whisper something in my ear. I leaned down and she said "I was the one that put my hand on your head during the prayer, and your hair is really soft." I smiled and laughed and said "That's because I washed it today." She didn't know what to say... She was so cute though, I'm so thankful that I have prayers like hers - prayers lifted through the faith of a child - supporting me while I travel this upcoming year.

love.

1 comment

  1. So glad you had a wonderful commissioning. Sorry we couldn't be there, but we are and will continue to pray for you.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete