Social Icons

Featured Posts


and so it begins!

7.31.2009


Eleven days - one week from Saturday - and I’ll be hopping on a plane to Seattle, Washington, where the other North American Choir Chaperones and I will meet and start our time together serving with the African Children's Choir (ACC). I am having a little bit of a hard time containing my excitement. These next to weeks are bound to be a whirlwind of emotions as I say goodbye to my family, co-workers, friends - and my best friend, who is also leaving - not just for one year but for two. She departs on her own adventure tomorrow, and I ask that you pray for her earnestly over these next couple years.


It's hard to believe that just three months ago I had no idea what I would be doing after these short summer months. I continually marvel at how quickly God has brought these plans about. And not just any plans - the best laid plans I could ever think of. Amazing.


For a solid year I'll be living on a bus with 24 beautiful African children, teaching them, loving them, and learning with them as they travel through North America singing of the joy and hope they have as Africa's future. It's going to be a blast.


I'll do my best to keep this updated with stories, pictures, and whatever else I can come up with along the way.


Please feel free to email me at amy.haiti@gmail.com (I lived in Haiti for 6 months this year, hence the "haiti" part of the address). If you'd like more information about the African Children's Choir, please email me or visit www.africanchildrenschoir.com.


More to come!


Above: Missy & I on our last "hoorah" in the mountains before we head out on our separate adventures....

1 comment