Social Icons

Featured Posts


Time to Hit the Road!

12.19.2011

Have you ever sat by your phone and simply waited for it to ring? I mean seriously. Staring so much that your eyes glaze over and your phone ceases to be one and morphs into a blurry mess of many.

But you have no idea if someone is going to call you.

So do you sit by your phone and wait? Or am I alone in this one?



Well, the other day my phone rang.

And when I saw the name come up I could have sworn I was being bum dialed (this happens a lot because I'm typically at the top or close to the top of contact lists).

But I answered the phone - because I thought, "Opportunity!"

And I am so thankful.

Monday I answered my phone and the voice on the other end was that of the choir manager for ACC.  And he said these words,

"Hi Amy.  Would you like to come on tour in January for the Young Africans?"

Ha. Seriously, I know.  God's timing is perfect.

I said yes.  Thursday it became official.  One again I will be called Auntie Amy on a daily basis.  My heart races every time I think about it.

I'm am thrilled to be a part of such an incredible tour - you see this one is going to be quite different than Choir 35.  These "children" are between seventeen and twenty-one and were all a part of the choir when they were actually children.  They are coming to show America what happens to those adorable little people in the African Children's Choir - the education and hope that Music for Life advertises - it's for the truth.  And coming back to America are fourteen youth ready and excited to share what God has done in their lives through those who have supported the choir over the past twenty-seven years.  Lives are being changed - and we get to see it.

And I get to be their Auntie.

Honored, humbled, excited, and completely in awe of how faithful God is - to me, and to them.

Here we go!


*Throughout the tour (approximately 4-6 months) I will be sending update letters in the mail.  If you would like to receive these exciting and lovely, colorful updates, please email your address to me at: amy.haiti@gmail.com.  

1 comment