Social Icons

Featured Posts


a post for progress

4.08.2013

I was talking with a friend of mine tonight about her recent conversion to the "hippy" life.  Then I mentioned how quickly my little hippy conversion happened. Like... in the course of about fifteen minutes.

Then I thought, the garden (what else?).  The transformation from last year to this year - for a piece of land untouched by anyone really... but me (occasionally with help)... it's pretty dramatic.  See?

June 2012/April 2013

It almost looks like a wasteland with all the brown.... kind of depressing.  But in the dirt I see potential, usually...
Do you see the miniscule layer of topsoil and the deep layer of clay? Geesh. 
Regardless, this is today:


Progress! And so many lessons learned along the way, meaning that even if nothing grows again, it's not actually a wasteland. Phew. 

1 comment